Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday, Aug. 22, 2016

We made it past DH's birthday. Since we went away for three precious days to the west coast, we had to board Holly at the animal hospital. Our good friend pet sat Cookie at the house. I worked half a day since I could not pick her up until noon, and then went straight to the hospital. She's lost weight and she was very very agitated, excited but more agitated. I couldn't even keep her harness on, she lost so much weight. I got her into the car and she was howling. It was heart wrenching. I had to keep her in my lap, petting her as I drove as she finally calmed. When she got home, she was OK.

She even ate! Part of my fish sandwich (she hates fish) and a huge handful of roasted chicken.

Now she's snoozing on the spare bed as I write this. Her breathing is labored, as it has been lately when she lies down. Another reason I know the kidney failure is getting worse. I don't need the numbers they will give me from the bloodwork they did while she was at the animal hospital.

But she went for a walk, and she seems happy to be home, the best place for her. We are not traveling anymore this year, unless it's absolutely necessary. IT's too tough. We had a wonderful and much much needed relaxing time at the beach, getting up early and walking along the shore, and swimming in the Gulf. It was a little mini vacation we both needed.

When she was at the animal hospital, they told me she hated being caged. Duh. I could have told them that. I don't think they fed her much...not their fault... but they must have just tried and tried the KD. Dog is smart. Dog knows when the ham is hiding the KD.

One day at a time. We do all we can. It's all we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment